If you can't find an answer to your question, and still need more help, please use the contact link at the bottom of every page to send your question to the Mingles staff.
Some of the differences between Mingles and other sites you may be familiar with are:
- Mingles is free. Mingles is a fun and totally free way to meet new people online. Use Mingles to make new friends, hang out, find a date, chat, discuss, whatever!
- Mingles only has profiles of people. This means that a fast-food restaurant won't be asking to be your "friend".
- Mingles is community-moderated. Mingles is community-moderated. This means that all members of Mingles have the power to flag inappropriate profiles, and these are automatically removed when enough negative flags are received.
- Mingles is for people 18 years old and over. You need to be an adult to use Mingles. 'Nuff said.
- Mingles has unlimited photos. You can attach an unlimited number of photos to your profile. You can add captions, and if you desire, allow other members (or just your friends) to comment on them.
- Mingles lets you attach a video message to your profile. One-click recording directly from your webcam to your Mingles profile.
- Mingles has easy group creation tools. You can create public or private groups, and you'll get your own Group Home Page, forum, and private chat room.
- Mingles has easy blogging tools. Ever wanted to create a blog but didn't know where to start? Mingles makes it easy.
- Mingles has video chat. It's fun to use and very slick.
- Mingles has self-moderated forums. This means that the creator of the forum topic can moderate it. It's simple, it works, and it helps keep the flame-wars to a minimum.
Profile page. Use this page to describe yourself as well as the type of person you would like to meet. We then use what you've entered here to generate your Matches page, which is where you can quickly find the members that you're likely to be most compatible with. Your profile page will also have a dedicated web address that you can give out to others. It will simply be http://www.mingles.com/your_name_here, where you would replace your_name_here with your Mingles username. post to my blog' link that appears on the top left of every page after you've logged in (in the My Membership box). Give your post a title, write what's on your mind, decide if you want to allow other members to comment on your post, and then that's it you're done! Your blog will also have a dedicated web address that you can give out. It will be http://www.mingles.com/your_name_here/blog, where you would replace your_name_here with your Mingles username. Pics page. Your main profile photo should be a close-up photo that shows your face. The other photos on your My Photos page can be anything you want, but should be real photos of you, which is what other people are interested in seeing. All photos must be approved before they become visible to other members. Remember, no nudity! Create A Video page. You can attach up to 60 seconds of video to your profile right from your webcam. Videos must be approved by us before they will be visible to other members. Matches page will show you people you're most compatible with, based upon what you entered in your profile. Tag yourself with words or phrases that describe your personality. You can have as many tags as you want. By tagging yourself, other members can find you when they use search for specific tags. Tag Browser page, where you can see all the members who have that tag. You can then drill down by adding more tags and creating interesting groups of members that share the same interests. You can also use the Tag Clouds to see the most popular, recent, or just random tags on Mingles. Group Clouds to see the most popular, recent, or just random groups. You can also find groups by viewing profiles and seeing what groups other members are part of. You can join an existing group from that group's home page. Anyone can join public groups. If it is a private group, you can request membership. Private groups have a group administrator that is responsible for approving membership requests. Each group also has a forum and chat room where you must be a group member to participate. You can also create your own group as well. Favs page. Click the 'Add To My Favorites' icon on the profile you want to save, and it will be added to your favorites. Matches page based upon what you've entered in your profile. This page shows you other members of Mingles that you're compatible with, based upon both your profile and theirs. If you want to see different types of members on this page, update the part of your profile where you indicate the type of person you're looking for. Flash-based video/audio/text chat. There are five main rooms, plus the lobby. Each group you belong to will also have a chat room available just for members of that group. If you block someone in the chat rooms they will automatically be added to your site-wide block list as well. forums are discussions between members about anything and everything. You can choose to read the discussions, join in the discussions, or even start a new discussion! By reading the forums, you will get to know your fellow members in a relaxed and friendly environment. If you're interested in what someone has to say, you can instantly bring up that member's profile. Mail page. All email, winks, friend requests, group invitations, etc. from other members will arrive here. You can archive or delete message you've read. We will also send a notification to your regular email address when you receive new on-site message. If you want to stop these notifications, indicate so on the Email Preferences page. My Blocks page. send it to you. click here and follow the instructions to confirm your cancelation.